It is a fact that moms often shoulder too many burdens and responsibilities that, due to daily repetition, cease to be perceived. And unfortunately, their zeal and offering are not always recognized.  Even if they do not do so, the indifference of other family members - who tend to be comfortable - can become heartbreaking. This mom has reached her limits and shares her decision to change tactics once and for all.



"It's Saturday and I just came back from the supermarket loaded with bags. This is the second time this week that I'm going alone and no one seems to be moving. Before I could leave the shopping in my hands, my eldest son took a quick look and remarked to me: "Mom, you did not take my peanuts." His "peanuts"… that cost as much as a meal and he eats them like pasatempo!


I gave way to rage, as I usually do, and started arranging shopping. At one point, my gaze fell on the living room, where the children had left everything imaginable, from glasses and napkins to pieces of bread from their breakfast.


Blood started to rise in my head as I wondered how it was possible for no one to see what I was seeing. They see them, I thought immediately, they just learned that all this is mom's job!


And that's when I felt that I was reaching my limits and that I would not be able to bear much longer for my family to take it for granted that I am responsible for everything and they for nothing. That I felt like the sponge I use every day to erase the traces of their ingratitude.




I do not know if I am the best wife, mother and housewife όμως But I know that until today, I have not stopped running to catch everything, never to miss the hot food and clean clothes and our house to be a place where they can relax and feel beautiful every hour and moment. Especially when they return tired from work or school.


And yet,  I do not remember ever hearing a "thank you"  or being offered someone to take over, at least for once, some of my daily chores.


I know we  do not have children to listen to "bravo"  and collect compliments. But this does not mean that we like to make so many sacrifices, that our souls come out every day and that no one recognizes the struggle we are waging. And on top, to ask for more and to feel thrown if, returning loaded like a donkey from the supermarket, you forgot to bring them their "peanuts".


But there comes a day when you  draw a line, set your limits and ask everyone to take their responsibilities.  For me this moment came this Saturday.


We are all a family and this means that  we should live harmoniously supporting and helping each other and not live like lords at the expense of the mother . Because mom is no different from the rest, she does not have superpowers that make housework easier. She gets tired, indignant and somewhere she loses her courage, her composure, but also her patience.




That's why I change tactics too.

I will no longer run after anyone, I will not become a thousand pieces so that everything is ready on time and I will not ask for help. My priority will be to do the basics and for the rest let the others worry a little. And let everyone be responsible for washing and ironing their clothes, for the breakfast of their choice and, of course, for the condition of their room.


I know that  it is not easy for a mom to be indifferent to what she has longed for and struggled to have to perfection . It is an exercise for me, as it will be for everyone.


If, however, I manage to defend my position, we can all just win, as a family. Because, if my sons continue like this, what kind of house will they keep when they are left alone and  how will they become good husbands when they find the good girl of their heart . And I, how much longer will I endure without breaking my nerves and breaking theirs?